The EWG-DSS follows the current regulations and the appropriate procedures in the treatment and data protection. Your personal data will only be used by the EWG-DSS for the purposes identified below, following the General Regulation on Data Protection (GDPR) and ensuring the confidentiality and integrity the data.
- The EWG-DSS is responsible for the processing of the personal data of its members in its associates database or in its conference participants database, following the terms of the data protection legislation in force in the European Union (GDPR).
- The EWG-DSS collects personal data in the following situations:
- If the person completes the request of interest in joining the EWG-DSS and in receiving the our Newsletter.
- If person completes the request for contact in the EWG-DSS homepage or via Social Media.
- If person collaborates with the EWG-DSS in projects.
- The personal data collected by the EWG-DSS may include your name, email address, telephone number, address, curriculum vitae, list of publications, among others.
- All EWG-DSS Members personal data is stored on the protected servers of the EWG-DSS, being accessed and used exclusively under our declared policies.
- The EWG-DSS does not share the personal data provided by its members with any other entity, without previous permission.
- The EWG-DSS is responsible for implementing all necessary security measures to help protect and maintain the security, integrity, and availability of your personal information.
- The EWG-DSS is responsible (together with its service providers and collaborators) for making every effort to implement and maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect its members’ personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection requirements (apart from the known fact that data transmission over the internet or website cannot guarantee complete security w.r.t. intrusions).
- The EWG-DSS is responsible for the continuous monitoring of access to information technology systems, in order to detect and prevent misuse of personal data.
- The EWG-DSS stores your data only for the period in which the purpose for which it was collected is valid. (For instance, if you are attending a conference organized by the EWG-DSS and you are not a member of the group, your personal data will not be stored in the EWG-DSS’ main database after the processing of the conference has finished).
- Whenever the EWG-DSS needs to use its members’ data in any study that may be externally distributed, the data will be anonymised.
- Whenever a member decides to leave the EWG-DSS, his/her personal data will be completely removed from our databases. This means that the person will no longer be contacted nor will receive further communications from the EWG-DSS.
- The EWG-DSS will not disclose any E-mail address from Conference Participants, apart from the given contact data published in the papers, produced by the participant-authors.
- By the time of the Online Registration, the participant will agree (or not) on having his name and the name of his Institution appearing in the list of participants to be distributed among the attendees only. The ICDSST 2022 Conference Organizers will follow the option agreed by the participants when producing the list.
- By the time of the Online Registration, the participant will agree (or not) on having pictures that he/she appears (taken during the conference) being published on the homepage of the ICDSST 2022 conference. The ICDSST 2022 Conference Organizers will follow the option agreed by the participants when uploading pictures on the website or on social media, after or during the conference.
- All other general data policy treatment adopted by EWG-DSS (listed above) also apply for the organization of the ICDSST 2022 Conference.